2014年3月11日火曜日

The Lone Miracle Pine Part 1

(Japanese: http://ideasopinions.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-33.html)

Last September, two and a half years after the Great East Japan Earthquake, we visited the coast of Iwate, Miyagi, and Fukushima.  I wanted to see the situation with my own eyes, and was hoping I could share my pictures with others through the internet.  At that time in Tokyo, we did not hear any news on the Earthquake but on atomic power plants.  Some of my friends in Tokyo told me that they could not imagine how the areas were.
I returned from the trip, and had been wondering for six months if I should really share the pictures I took.  It may not be right if you think you got an idea of how these areas are only from my pics and text.  I took pictures only where the landscape "fitted the picture frame."  As I was driving all the way, the chances were limited further.  Between the pics, were the huge distance, time, daily lives, and the emotions there.  I did go through the areas, but saw very little.  I was raised in Tohoku region, have my families and friends there, some of their houses got serious damage, but, I could not come to the "understanding."
Sorry to have kept you before the pics, but this is my "conclusion."  Getting closer to March 11th, we hear some news that should be much more detailed.  However, my "conclusion" after the trip is somewhat different from bookish or hearsay knowledge such as the third law of thermodynamics (for me).

 In Rikuzen-Takada city, Iwate, only one out of seventy thousand pine trees on the coast survived from Tsunami and the tree is called "The Lone Miracle Pine Tree."

They say it encouraged the people there just after the disaster.  But when I went to see it two and a half years later, I could not find anything but a tourist site.  The tree was dead and renewed with resin and replca parts.  It seemed to be brightly lit in the night.  Many tourists including me come and park their car, taking pictures of the tree, and go away.  I would rather see the damaged building by the tree.
What it was for, whether it was recunstructed anywhere else, and how long it would be left.  I had heard that the rubble had alomost cleared away, but I still saw many damaged buildings here and there.
  My second visit to Otsuchi town, Iwate.  One of my colleague had ever visited and we delivered a science program one and a half years ago.  The clock on the town hall was still indicating the time of Tsiunami.
Offerings would be because of the shrine festival on this day.
On the opposite site of the town hall stood another building- we see the power of Tsunami.


  In Kamaishi city, Iwate, we saw more damaged buildings left for two and a half years.  Gaming arcade, office buildings..


Covered rolls in the bay might be sand for leveling-up.
We had ramen noodles at prefabricated shopping mall.

The Rugby team of Shin-Nittetsu Steel used to be the champion in Japan for seven consecutive years.
Just next to the shopping mall stood a monument of Tsunami tidemark.


  Driving through the coast, we saw monuments of Tsunami everywhere.

Graves in front of the seaside.  Hope watching for the construction.

  In Kesennuma city, Miyagi, a huge tanker ran upon the land was disassembled.


(to be continued)


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿